November 18, 2010

Yesh, can't kick it!

I can't help to get into the holiday spirit. Let me tell you - it makes a little bit more difficult to get up in the morning and go to work with all of the other things I want to accomplish in the next month. I love baking, gifting, the holiday events and the good 'ol holiday cheer this time of year and my head just spins with everything that is filled with fun, family and community from now until January. I am lucky my co-worker, Jessi is just as spirited as I. We turned on a little Christmas music today just to get warmed up.

Ah!

Everyone always gets excited about the season of Christmas before Thanksgiving is here. No need to fret, I am just as excited about Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family, if you knew them you would know how cool each of them are BUT you can trust me on this. I also love giving thanks. I am thankful year round but this time of year just begs for reflection, priorities surface and for that alone I am grateful.

Thank you:

- to our soliders and vets for fighting for our freedom, for putting aside your plan and ensuring our safety

- to our family, where ever you are physically you always support us, love us, laugh with us and encourage us to grow

- Macy's for making my Thanksgiving morning something I look forward to each year.

- to the brilliant chefs' who come up with the yummy recipes we share this time of year.

- God for being loving and gentle yet also sending reality checks when we need them.

- to our amazing friends who are always packed full of fun but each carry their own personality traits that continue to stretch us into better people.

- Starbucks for your delish Pumpkin Spice Latte.

- Grandma and Grandpa Durnil for hiding little reminders in my life to show me you are with me always.

- for Ryan (see any other post for the reasons why)



I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Remember to be grateful for things big and SMALL.

2 Thessalonians 1:2-3
2 Our God gives you everything you need, makes you everything you're to be. 3 You need to know, friends, that thanking God over and over for you is not only a pleasure; it's a must. We have to do it.


Love,

No comments: