July 23, 2007

The Big 50!

Last weekend my mother had a little breakthrough. She realized that her family could keep a secret! Mom turned 50 and it was our goal to have a birthday party for her. Derek was away (on his vacation with Jamee and the Irey family) and so it was up to Dad, Ryan and me to get the job done.

Dad had started off very well with a dinner on Friday night, that he was keeping under wraps in the case she became suspicious we could blame it on that. Saturday night, we asked Tara and Lori (Thanks Girls!)to have a get together with the girls from work to get Mom out of the house while we set up.



Meanwhile, on the home front, Ryan was cutting up everything you could imagine in the kitchen. Dad was finessing the art of hanging streamers and both of my Grandmas, Aunt Lesa, Aunt LeaAnn and Blake were helping me with the last minute details. Now keep in mind that this was my first time making a menu for the 'adult crowd' (I say adult because I cook for my friends but they say everything is good, and I don't mean that as an insult, you have very experienced pallets!)which I loved! We received word that the victim was on her way. The rest is better said by the pictures.

Mom - We hope that you had a great time, you're the best and you deserve it! I can only hope to care as much, to love as much, to laugh as much and to be as strong as you. We love you.

To everyone who helped - Thanks for keeping the secret and having a great night.

2 comments:

Manda (+2) said...

Awe, Ash and Ry, you guys did a great job! I was soooo wishing I could've been there. Sometimes I hate living in a different city. I'm sure she loved every minute, and felt extremely loved and very special. You're so thoughtful.
Hugs to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys pulled it off. Great job! Happy birthday to Aunt Lynn! Wish we could have been there. Love you guys!