May 23, 2013

Tyson's First Birthday Party

What a couple of weeks it has been! We had some serious celebration around Tyson's first birthday. We were blessed and surrounded by amazing friends and family, love and cold weather (yep, that last one kind of stunk but we went with it). I love planning parties but I am 100% horrible at capturing details and they were a little off due to said chilly weather (snow in May, come on Mother Nature). Anyway, here are a few of the details that I recall and a few photos from the day.

Tyson loves taco or everything that makes up tacos so it was only fitting that we had Tyson's Taco Bar complete with all of the fixings from queso fresco and guacamole to cilantro and limes. We dug into Scratch cupcakes - Oh, Happy Day (obviously) and then cuddled in the garage to watch a few movies (the Lorax and Despicable Me).

15 takes and this is what we get. Life with a busy little dude.

Grandma & Grandpa Shaw

Grandma & Grandpa Bohlen - Thanks for hosting the party!

Um, I am going to take a moment to say I have the best sister in the world. She took care of everything before I even thought about it. While I was running around with my head cut off, she was silently replenishing the table of food, cleaning up, snapping pictures (which is why you have this post). Seriously, she is one lovely lady, a silent server and the most down to earth girl I know. We love Auntie Jamee. And Derek, our I.T. man is pretty cool, too.
 

 
Wait for it! One of my favorite pictures of the year!


Check out the ham in this picture - ha!

He loves tractors, dinosaurs and all things that he can drag around the house with him.




I'll take a bite of that. Happy First Birthday Buddy!

Thanks again for everyone who loved on us with our first baby this year! We have felt incredibly blessed to be Tyson's parents. There are nights days that can be long and trying, there are difficult things that we have to do as parents, there are more laughs than we can count and is more joy in our life than we could have asked for. 

XOXO
Ryan & Ashley

No comments: