Come on, you know the rest. Seriously. Don't make me sing it. Holidays are so much more fun with kiddos and my kiddo doesn't even know what is going on yet. I don't care, I love it. I didn't do a great job of posting about our Christmas but we had a blast! So many firsts. We took Tyson to visit Santa (he didn't care about that). We dressed him in the cutest, jolliest outfits (didn't care about that either). And started a few tradtions with our little family. We are crossing our fingers that he will always get this much satisfaction out of tissue paper, not to mention, just being with the ones we love.
We were able to spend a good chunk of time with Derek and Jamee as they were home. Tyson totally hates any attention he receives from his Aunt and Uncle (please note the sarcasim). We had Christmas with our Bohlen fam. We cracked crab legs, played games (primarily Blockus and Derek primarily lost), laughed a lot and just enjoyed the time together. Grandma and Grandpa got Tyson a sweet sled that he loves. Although we have only taken those wheels out in the snow once, it gets plenty of miles inside the house. Who needs a playyard when you have a sled?
We had our own family Christmas on Christmas morning. Tyson was in love with the tissue paper but now we see the benifits of our carefully selected presents for him. The Zany Zoo and Sippy Cups were the biggest hits! We then traveled over to our Shaw family festivities on Christmas day. We enjoyed time with the extended family and then time with Grandma, Grandpa, Ian and Adrian afterwards. Tyson scored the cutest little monster mittens and plenty of snuggles!
We had an amazing first Christmas. I can't help but to think how much fun each added year is. As I said, I just love holidays with a little one. Any smalliday is just too much fun to ignore. Now that the Christmas/New Year hustle and bustle is over, I get to work on Valentine's, Easter fun and of course, a first birthday party. Yay!










No comments:
Post a Comment