February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day

We got to hear a little one today so the shoe fits! Yep, it is a roaring 140 bpm. Well, it took the nurse a little while to give us a number since it was moving around so much. She said it was in between 140-160 while we were listening. Usually, it has been in the range of 155-145 so it's not too far off. This is one of my favorite sounds!

This morning Ryan and I enjoyed a homemade breakfast together (a typical day is grabbing a granola bar and fruit, kiss kiss, followed by our bodies flung out the door). It was nice to get to spend that time with each other at a slower pace than we normally proceed. I think I could get used that.

You act like it hasn't been a month since we updated you on the haps. Ha, well here is a good 'ol recap (with pictures!) for ya. Ryan has been working with Hoss on our little room. Here is a sneak peak of just two of the items in there. You'll have to wait for more pictures once we have it all together (it's getting there).



I had a bit of an unprepared meltdown the other day. I am sure if you ask Ryan now he will find it humorous, at the time not so much. I just can't believe we are 10 weeks away from meeting this little bean. I feel like we have much to do/learn in such a little bit of time. Momentary freak out was seized by Ryan and a scoop of ice cream.

Speaking of the bean... I have picked up a few things here and there. Some for the nursery (which goes either way).



Some clothing/accessory items that are gender specific. It is so hard not to get a few things you like but imagine if we knew what we were having, I would be going crazy.

What do you think? Do we have a boy that will be styling these?




Or a girl (don't worry there is more where that came from but much of it is far too cute to waste a picture of the clothing without a little one in it)?




This past weekend, the O'Sheas came to visit from Iowa City. We love having company (if you ever get the urge!) and it was a very laid back Saturday. We took a stroll around a few shops on Main Street. Andrea and I did anyway. The men quickly abandoned us and sank into the Pump Haus for beer and wings instead, which was probably a wise decision for all involved. We then hit up Tony's for an afternoon pizza. We came home hung out until we were ready to gear up for the evening. We had to show Brendan (a true Irishman) Jameson’s so we stopped there (and let me tell you the waitress was beside herself talking to Brendan) before heading to Newton's for dinner. Our final stop of the evening was at the ever famous Beer Hall (Ryan and I always met here after work on Fridays to unwind, it's super low key and has quite the array of beverages if you are the adventurous type). It was a fun little day. We didn't really have much on the agenda so we just rolled with the punches and ate a little more than intended. I think we may have convinced them to make the journey back for Irishfest this August - we are keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks for coming up to visit!

And for tonight, it's just us. I am getting ready for a work trip (don't worry it's a quick one and doctor approved) to San Diego sprinkled with entertainment from my lovely hubby in the form of stand-up. He is incredible works his day job Monday through Friday and then does this gig 7 days a week. Am I lucky or what? Anyway, we plan to get most of the heavy lifting done earlier this evening so we can relax and hang out with each other for the rest of the night.

I'll end with my favorite facebook quote from my friend Tim for Valentine's day. Don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for all things festive but this was just right on.

"Ladies, on this day do not be jealous of other ladies receiving flowers because it's standard protocol. Be jealous of the ones getting flowers in the middle of October for no reason."

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: