March 02, 2011

Quick Month

We all know February is the shortest month of the year but when we combine it with a busy schedule, it's over in a blink.

The month started off with 2 events for the A.L.Z. One of them was a Day at the Hill, I was doing more of the behind the scenes work so I didn't get to take away as much as I wanted to. I would highly encourage you to take advantage of any opportunity you have to meet with your representatives. The other event was a phone-a-thon type event where we spent the day at the KGAN studios (again, pretty cool to get a behind the scenes view).

That weekend I went on a road trip with the girls. It had been a little while since we all got together and it was a fun night. We went to a Kelly Pickler concert (unfortunately not all that fun - it wasn't Kelly's fault but just didn't have the concert atmosphere we were expecting). That didn't stop us from enjoying the night, it had been a long time since I laughed that much. Thanks girls!

The following Tuesday (15th), I took off for a work conference in Hotlanta. It actually was much warmer than Iowa. Let's say 70ish, yeah I am still dreaming about that. The first part of the conference focused on the PR aspect of my job and the second focused on Walk to End Alzheimer's (I am so excited for this year!). It was nice to get out of the office and have the opportunity to learn from the tremendous resources around the country. It was also nice to get back home to my boys on Saturday.




Saturday night we attended Hoss-a-polooza to celebrate Hoss' 30th birthday! It was a 90's theme with a DJ who played the music videos from our jr. high/high school years. Good Times. Happy Birthday Buddy!

And... with a few days of rest and catching up on laundry, that brings us today. We caught up on a few movies before the Oscars (We enjoyed The Fighter, 127 hours, The Town, Inception, Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me). You could say we're still catching up on some sleep, I think we have gone to bed at about 9pm every night this week. This was a long post, hopefully we'll get more updates with pictures out more often.

Until then, enjoy the warm(ing) weather - hopefully it sticks around.

No comments: