July 23, 2007

Jimmy Buffett & the Moveable Feast

One of our trips this summer, included traveling to Chicago with Amy and Blake to see Jimmy Buffett. We went with Uncle Steve, Aunt Sandy, Aunt LeaAnn and Tony (and the rest of the gang). It was our first time and naturally we did not know what to think but I can say that this trip exceeded expectations in all aspects. The first rule was to have fun, it was a weekend off and we were going to enjoy every bit of it. The second and more important thing that we learned on our get-away to the island is that it does not matter what you have, what you do for a living, what you are stressed about, these things are day to day occurances and when you wake up to a new day we should see it as that... While we were there, I couldn't help but to notice all of the different people who were there, younger and older, who were feeling the same thing, we have to live life to the fullest and not let moments pass away without taking them in for what they are. It is all about the friends and family you surround yourself with and we couldn't have had it better than that. We thought we were going to a concert...we are already on the wagon for next year.

"Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.”

"Sometimes more than others, You see who and what and where You are, I'm a one-man band with no Immediate plans, Tonight I just need my guitar"

1 comment:

The Prices said...

Looks like such a fun time! I am especially sad to see that I missed the Ryan-o-mite in the bandana. He'll have to model that for me next time we see him.